Monday, November 21, 2011

Thailand - Day one

The first day we decided to lay low after the previous day's travels. The first day also happened to be mine and TJ's 7 year wedding anniversary.

Happy anniversary to us!

Anywho, we woke up, ate breakfast, and headed to the beach. Our adventures started early though because we found an elephant to pet and feed. The island we are on is called Koh Chang. "Koh" means island and Chang means elephant. So there are elephants everywhere we turn. Hailey's loving it and I think I'm loving it even more. Here are some pictures of our first elephant experience.



I love love love elephant eyes. The look so old and wise.

"I have no more for you. See?"

We then made our way to the beach. We played in the sand, sipped fresh frothy fruit juice and swam our little hearts out. I've never seen such crystal clear water.

My cute beach babes.
Oh yea, I'm feeling awesome right about now.

Lunch overlooking the water. Hailey played in the ocean while we waited for our food.

Funny story. I have a small and somewhat annoying fear of being in open water. Swimming pools are my friend because they don't contain toe-eating fish. Like I said, annoying and illogical I know. Anyway, we were all swimming in the water and having a great time when I look down and see a jelly fish! JELLY FISH! TJ happened to be recording a video at the time, so here is what I did:


Anywho, the funny part about this whole thing is that Hailey was describing our swimming adventure to some other tourists today and she informed them that "we had fun swimming in the water but then mommy saw a jelly fish and she kinda freaked out so we had to get out." Fabulous Hailey, thanks for that.

We then walked back to town the long way so we could enjoy the scenery...


Hailey wanted to scratch her back like Baloo on the Jungle Book, so she did.

This just doesn't seem safe to me....



Our day ended with a fabulous dinner at a restaurant in the next down over. The waitress had a little creature in the back and she let us check it out. The pictures are horrible but I tried my best with no flash and it being pitch dark outside. His name is Tato which means big eyes in Thai. I really wanted to take him home...

Isn't he adorable!




Yummy cuteness sipping yummy deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers